Friday, May 20, 2011

Cautious Optomism

A few days ago, I did something to my left knee. Ever since then I've been limping, though not noticeably so today, I've medicated. I worked both yesterday and today. Today being medicated made it much easier. Yesterday was a difficult day. In the last week, I've had people both give and loan me money so that I could eat and get medicine so that I wouldn't be late for work. I paid one person who loaned me money back for their generosity and the person who loaned me money to get the medicine was also paid back.
The Lord really has looked out for me through the years. Though I do not know what I shall do when next month is fast approaching and I don't have money for rent; I am hopeful that things will work out. I've been threatened with having to leave twice because of taking the Lord's name in vain, once in the bathroom when I was angry, and once in my bedroom when I was angry. Now this has been a bit of a sore spot with me. I'm weak. I admit that I'm weak. Controlling my temper and my tongue has always been a bit of a struggle. The Lord knows that I truly do not mean anything by my slip of the tongue and he has had a phenominal amount of patience with me and blessed me despite my weaknesses. I wonder what gives the people that I stay with the right to assume that they speak for the Lord, and undertake to champion his cause. Do they not know that he can speak for himself and often does so quite well, and much better and with greater efficacy than they can hope to impart?
People in possession of pride and hypocritical natures really should beware when seeking to help someone they perceive to be in need of help. It's an old addage but true from the scriptures something to the effect of "Seek ye first to remove the beam that is in thine own eye, before thou seekest to remove the mote that is in thy brother's eye, that thou mayest see clearly." Or you could say that people in glass houses should not throw stones and basically say the same thing.

In any case, no matter what happens, I feel that the Lord continues to bless me in my circumstances. I think I need to put more effort into progessing along with my goals and the first step in that would be to increase my efforts to find a full time job so that I can pay off my bills and go back to school. Here's hoping that next month I still have a place to live and that I may by some miracle find full time work in the next week or two. Perhaps that would allow me to preserve my home, such as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment