Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Core Values

I realized something today. Ever since I went in and talked to my church leader, I have felt a burden has been lifted from me. I always thought it was financial stress but it seems to me that perhaps the bulk of it was guilt and worry. I feel so much better now. I had prayed to know if going forward with things in my church would be right at this time and I feel that the way things have gone since I have made that decision have born testimony to the fact that it's the right decision. I've enjoyed a spiritual enlightenment that I have not felt in several years, and a closeness to the spirit I haven't known in awhile.

I feel cleaner. My thoughts are more pure. Am I perfect? Heck no. Is it easier to do good things and is there less of an interest in inappropriate things? Definitely. I'm really quite grateful that things have turned out how they have. I can't undo the past. I can only learn from it and build on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment